Recipe by bmcnichol
Top Review by TerriB
Yummy! We loved these sandwiches! The sauce for these is so tasty - my whole family (including my two smallest) gobbled these up! I did change a couple of things - didn't have any olives, so just left them out. Also, I wanted them to not be open-faced, so I put sauce on the other half of the buns, put the lids on, wrapped them in foil and baked them in the oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. So delish! Thanks bmcnichol!!!
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 3⁄4-1 lb thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine olives, chili powder, cumin and salt and set aside 2 tablespoons.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream and onion to the remaining olive mixture.
- Place the bread on an ungreased baking sheet and spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on each slice.
- Top each with turkey and tomatoes.
- Spread with another tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture and top with cheeses.
- Sprinkle with reserved olive mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through.