Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy way to dress up potatoes, this dish is equally delicious made with Camembert, Monterey Jack, Fontina, or a creamy blue cheese. Enjoy! Cooking time does not include time to bake potatoes.
- 4 medium hot baked potatoes (Idahoes or russets are good)
- 3 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives or 1 tablespoon green onion top, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- ground nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- Slice 1/2 inch lengthwise off each potato.
- Taking care not to pierce the skin, scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell.
- In a medium size bowl, mash the potato flesh until smooth.
- Add the Brie, butter, egg yolk, chives, salt, pepper, and nutmeg,if desired; mix well.
- Stuff each potato shell with the mixture, mounding it in the center; transfer to a shallow baking dish.
- *At this point the potatoes can be stored.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered, for up to 24 hours.
- Bake the potatoes, uncovered, until the cheese has melted and the stuffing is heated through-12 to 15 minutes.
- Run under the broiler, five inches from the flame, until lightly browned- 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish with steak, roasts, poultry, or broiled fish, or as a light luncheon dish, with a nice salad.
- Serves 4 as an entree, 8 as a side dish.
Delicious! These potatoes are wonderfully easy to make and taste rich and flavourful. I just love brie and potatoes so this was a great pick for me. Made for Best of 2011. Thanks Sharon123! :)
We loved these potatoes. We wrapped 4 potatoes individually in tin foil after pouring olive oil on them and adding a little sea salt. Baked @ 375 for an hour and cut a oval hole into the potato, used a tablespoon to pull out all the guts, added to the brie mix and stuffed the skins and baked again for about 20 minutes. Perfect! We added a little bit of triple cheddar mix to the top for color and to give it more of a cheesy taste.
Great potatoes, made as a side dish last night with a chicken recipe. I used chives, and butter with a chicken dish . Made for PRMR tag.,