Blue Cheese Pear Chicken
I really enjoy the flavor combination of blue cheese and pears. This recipe combines these flavors into a wonderful meal. Serve with a fresh garden salad. Enjoy! Update - I'm going to be testing this recipe a little more.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves (use more or less if you like)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese (original recipe calls for 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Pour chicken stock and wine on top of filets.
- Top with sliced pears and dot with 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Cook on low heat for 4-5 hour or until the chicken slides off a knife.
- When done, stir in the whipping cream and blue cheese simmer until cheese melts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Using chicken breast filets as directed for this recipe, it took less than 1 hr to cook. It's a great slow cooker recipe that has a very unique flavor. We used just half the blue cheese called for and it was plenty. The flavors of the cream sauce and pears blended nicely with the chicken. We think this would be great over cooked egg noodles. :) Overall, we liked this recipe.Reply