Recipe by Julieannie
From the book Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook. Made for the Black Cat Cafe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Loved this soup! Simple to put together, & great tasting! I did make just half a recipe, & the two of us finished it off within a day! Not a lot of flavors fighting to be recognized, & I like that, too! Definitely a keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's PAC]
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (not non-fat)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes in the slow cooker and add water to cover. Cover and cook on High until the potatoes are cooked and falling apart, about 5 hours.
- Turn the cooker to low, add the butter, half-and-half, and sour cream, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until hot, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon and sliced green onions. Serve immediately or keep warm, adding milk or water to thin.