Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is AMAZING! It's from the All Recipes Cookbook. You can kind of decide if it's a salad or a casserole. To me it's best potato casserole I think I've ever tasted! I had to pull myself away from the pan and kitchen all together or I'd still be in there stuffing my face! This has been altered a tad for my taste...do as you see fit :)
Top Review by lhale77
I give this recipe a two thumbs up! I did alternate it because my husband and I would have been eating a lot of potatoes, lol. I used 2 big potatoes, 4 thick slices of bacon, some sharp cheddar cheese, low fat mayo (3 Table spoons). I fried the bacon for about 5 minutes and then threw in the onion for the rest of the time. I tossed it all the ingredients together along with some garlic powder. Then throw some more cheddar on top. OH! it was delicious! Will be making this one again for sure. It was so easy!
- 8 potatoes
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender (whole) but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Place chopped bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until lightly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- Combine the potatoes, cheese, onion, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Mix well and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with bacon and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.