Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a make ahead morning casserole that combines eggs with meat and potatoes. Feel free to add mushrooms, peppers and/or onions to this for an extra added attraction!
- Cook potatoes in skins until fork tender.
- Cool, peel if desired and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a buttered 13x9-inch baking dish, alternate the sliced potatoes and the ham in layers.
- Sprinkle the cheese over this.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the cheese.
- At this point the casserole can be covered and refrigerated overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or chives.
Delicious, hearty and satisfying Christmas morning breakfast. Served piping hot from the oven, everyone loved this. Next time I will slice the potatoes thinner than half-an-inch, and I will use more cheese. This tastes wonderful reheated. Pure comfort food and a great addition to make-ahead breakfast casseroles!