Recipe by Normaone
I think this is the first dinner I ever cooked after I got married..a long time ago! It was very easy but tasted like I had worked a lot harder on it than I did! I have never made it in a crockpot, but I think it would do really well. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Top Review by Lacy S.
I have never had this before but I am glad I decided to try. I was running a little low on things to fix for supper and did not feel like going grocery shopping so I look in the fridge and I have a head of cabbage and some pork chops.... what could I do with that??? Thanks to you we had a really good supper that was quick, easy, and oh so yummy!! My 8 year old niece even asked for seconds!! Thanks!!
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 lb cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork chops in hot fat in a heavy fry pan; remove from pan.
- Add onion, soup, and milk to pan and blend; set aside.
- Starting with the potatoes, put alternating layers of potatoes and cabbage into a 2 quart casserole or 8x8x2 in cake pan.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle each layer with flour mixture and pour some of the soup mixture over each layer.
- Place chops on top.
- Cover casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350^ and bake chops 1+1/4 hours.