Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast easy meal to put together with prepackaged pesto!
Make and share this Baked Pesto Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I used Fresh Basil Pesto With Variations for this recipe and it was really scrumptious. I seasoned the breasts with salt and pepper, threw it in a ziplock bag and tossed with the pesto (less cleanup). I put it on a baking sheet, topped with tomatoes and cheese, cooked some pasta and tossed it with the remaining pesto and voila!, dinner is on the table in no time, with minimum effort. I would highly recommend this recipe to anyone, including beginner cooks who are looking to impress their loved ones. Thank you.
This is the second thing I've ever cooked and it was a hit! I wasn't too sure about it, but I love pesto, and wanted to try my hand at baking, so it seemed like a good recipe.
If you're a beginner, or just want something tasty and easy to cook, you should definitely give this a go! I'm a very picky eater and nervous (novice) chef, and everything about this was great!
I did have to cut the cooking time in half, but the chicken breasts I used were sliced very thin. I'm glad I erred on the side of caution and checked after ten minutes.
Unbelievable. I used my own pesto, so it was fresh. Within 5 minutes of popping it in the oven the smell was amazing. I followed the directions exactly, and I can tell you this dish was fabulous. We felt that we were eating at a 5-star restaurant. Thanks for sharing!