Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fast easy meal to put together with prepackaged pesto!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This is the second thing I've ever cooked and it was a hit! I wasn't too sure about it, but I love pesto, and wanted to try my hand at baking, so it seemed like a good recipe.
If you're a beginner, or just want something tasty and easy to cook, you should definitely give this a go! I'm a very picky eater and nervous (novice) chef, and everything about this was great!
I did have to cut the cooking time in half, but the chicken breasts I used were sliced very thin. I'm glad I erred on the side of caution and checked after ten minutes.
I used Fresh Basil Pesto With Variations for this recipe and it was really scrumptious. I seasoned the breasts with salt and pepper, threw it in a ziplock bag and tossed with the pesto (less cleanup). I put it on a baking sheet, topped with tomatoes and cheese, cooked some pasta and tossed it with the remaining pesto and voila!, dinner is on the table in no time, with minimum effort. I would highly recommend this recipe to anyone, including beginner cooks who are looking to impress their loved ones. Thank you.
Unbelievable. I used my own pesto, so it was fresh. Within 5 minutes of popping it in the oven the smell was amazing. I followed the directions exactly, and I can tell you this dish was fabulous. We felt that we were eating at a 5-star restaurant. Thanks for sharing!