Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy for the tummy.
Make and share this Baked Pennsylvania Dutch Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups regular rolled oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried fruit
- 2 medium apples or 2 medium pears, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup light cream
- Combine the water, milk, oats and salt in an oven-proof casserole.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir in the dried and fresh fruit, cinnamon and sugar or syrup.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes; remove cover for the last 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with warmed cream and butter to stir in to taste.
- Makes 6 servings.
This oatmeal has a different texture than some other baked oatmeals that I have enjoyed. I made this using dried blueberries for the dried fruit and a granny smith apple. The brown sugar was Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. It was topped off with a touch of French Vanilla coffee creamer. A warming and delicious breakfast.