1/1 Photo of Baked Pasta With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Ricotta Cheese
I love this recipe for busy nights, or at the end of a stressful day when we want easy comfort food. This is easy, but not cheap-tasting and is healthy. I use whole-wheat penne for the pasta, so I usually use a bit more tomato juice since whole-wheat pasta tends to need more liquid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until starting to brown.
- 3Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes; sauté 3 more minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 5Stir well, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 7Cook pasta for 7 minutes or until tender and still a bit firm.
- 8Drain and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 9Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 10In a large bowl combine ricotta, pasta and sauce; mix gently to combine.
- 11Pour into a medium-sized baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese.
- 12Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- 13Serve garnished with chopped parsley and additional Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Pasta With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Ricotta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.5
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 610.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 17.4 g