Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Kind of like lasagna, but with different noodles.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 0.75 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mozzarella cheese
- 1 quart cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to box. Drain pasta.
- Fry beef and onion until brown.
- Mix cheeses, egg, and oregano, rosemary, and thyme to taste.
- In a 12 x 9 baking dish layer spaghetti sauce, then pasta, then cheese, then beef. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Always end with sauce on top.
- Bake, covered, for 30-40 minutes until bubbling.
Made this tonight and it was great!! It was not dry at all like most that I make. I used italian sausage instead of beef but other than that, made it as written. I will be making this again.,...family loved it!! THANKS!!