Recipe by Momma Zakaria
A melt in your mouth treat that will have you wanting more!
Top Review by Bergy
Lovely onions- I found that 30 minutes was just right - I like them still a bit crunchy. Next time I will open up the foil for the last 15 minutes pour on the Italian dressing and place them under the broiler to brown a bit. I took pictures but they did not do the recipe justice so I didn't post them I will make the recipe again so maybe next time a picture too
- 4 large vidalia onions
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- Italian dressing, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut stem and root off onions and place stem side up in center of aluminum foil. Place one tablespoon of butter or margerine on top of each onion, then wrap up so that the foil has a point on top. Make sure it is wrapped good.
- Place onions on a baking sheet and bake for 1-2 hours, depending on how soft you want them.
- When finished, open up the top of the tin foil and pour the Italian dressing on top to taste. I like to use a lot.