Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy tasty side dish. I make this ahead and cook it just before serving. A nice change from potatoes.
- 1⁄4 lb fine noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese (low fat is fine)
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is fine)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Cook noodles until tender and drain.
- Mix all other ingredients (except paprika) in a med size bowl.
- Add noodles and mix well (I use a pasta lifter).
- Pour in a buttered casserole (or use Pam), sprinkle on paprika and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Easy,Peasy as they say!! a great change from potatoes and rice. I used fat free sour cream and cottage cheese,didn't make any difference I'm sure , the taste was still there and what a taste, wonderfull!! A real keeper, thanks for sharing Tebo!! — posted Apr 21, 2002,2 members found this helpful UPDATE: September 22/04, made this for supper and used 2%plain yogurt instead of the sour cream, worked great! We had it as our main course, with garlic toast and a green salad. Great, tastey meal thanks again!!
We really liked this dish. I used ff cottage cheese and plain yogurt instead of sour cream. It came out really creamy and flavorful. There are so many ways to mix this dish up. I'm looking forward to experimenting. Thanks so much for posting your recipe.
I was living in a foreign country this summer and had trouble finding things to cook. I discovered this recipe and it became a staple of mine and I've continued making it once I came home. In addition to the onions, I added sauteed mushrooms to the mixture. I also smashed up corn flakes and topped the casserole with them and then dotted the entire thing with butter - yummy! It is good as it is or with some spaghetti sauce on top. Thanks for the terrific recipe.