My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 5 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Using a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, cook beef with taco seasoning and broth over medium heat; drain.
- 3In the same skillet, melt butter. Cook onion, garlic and green onion in butter until tender. Add green chilies, soup and meat, stirring well. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
- 4Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel. Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray; set aside.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine enchilada sauce and beans, whisking well.
- 6In prepared skillet, layer 1 tortilla, half of meat mixture, 1 tortilla and half of bean mixture. Repeat once more, ending with tortilla. Top with cheese.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned.
- 8Garnish with sour cream, chopped green onions and chopped tomatoes, if desired.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mexican Pie
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.2
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.7 mg
- Sodium 1490.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 24.5 g