1/2 Photos of Baked Meatball Ziti
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces 80% lean ground beef (20% fat)
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce (prepared or store bought or Pesto)
- 2Preheat oven to 425°F
- 3Grease a cookie sheet with spray.
- 4Mix all ingredients together by hand and form into over sized golf balls.
- 5Bake for 10-15 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle.
- 6Just before pasta is done add spinach to the cooking water for 1 minute then drain well.
- 7Lower oven to 350°F
- 8Oil a 10 x 13 casserole pan.
- 9Mix Ricotta, egg, parsley, mozzarella, and 3/4 of the Romano cheese.
- 10Mix the cheese together with the cooked pasta to coat.
- 11Spoon about 1 cup tomato sauce prepared dish and spoon half of pasta on top. Place meatballs on pasta topping with half the remaining sauce. Spread remaining pasta mixture and then top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Romano cheese. And if you like top with additional mozzarella sliced thin. Bake ziti in middle of oven 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Meatball Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.3
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 1116.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: