I haven't tried this yet but the recipe was given to me by a work friend who had it as a child and has made it ever since, it's her husband's favorite. Don't be mean on the ketchup even if you think it's too much, sounds weird but i am assured it's great, one of these days i will get round to trying it myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- 2Fry mince and onion in a frying pan until browned.
- 3Add lots of ketchup until the meat becomes a reddish orange colour.
- 4Add a sprinkle of pepper then leave the meat to cool.
- 5Mix together the flour and suet with a fork adding a little water at a time but keep stirring.
- 6When the mixture looks like it won't fall apart knead into a doughy ball.
- 7Place on floured worktop, flatten and roll out into an oval shape big enough to fold over the meat.
- 8Place cooled meat on the centre of the rolled suet and evenly spread out.
- 9Fold the dough over like a Cornish pastie and press together the edges.
- 10Place on a baking tray and cook for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Meat Roll
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 21.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g