Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this yet but the recipe was given to me by a work friend who had it as a child and has made it ever since, it's her husband's favorite. Don't be mean on the ketchup even if you think it's too much, sounds weird but i am assured it's great, one of these days i will get round to trying it myself.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Fry mince and onion in a frying pan until browned.
- Add lots of ketchup until the meat becomes a reddish orange colour.
- Add a sprinkle of pepper then leave the meat to cool.
- Mix together the flour and suet with a fork adding a little water at a time but keep stirring.
- When the mixture looks like it won't fall apart knead into a doughy ball.
- Place on floured worktop, flatten and roll out into an oval shape big enough to fold over the meat.
- Place cooled meat on the centre of the rolled suet and evenly spread out.
- Fold the dough over like a Cornish pastie and press together the edges.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 25 minutes.