Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
One of my favorite side dishes, the cream cheese and onion make this dish the perfect blend of flavors.
- 4 lbs small red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil and add potatoes.
- Cook until tender but firm, about 13 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, then mash with butter and milk.
- With a hand mixer, beat in the cream cheese and onion.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with a little bit of the mashed potatoes.
- Stir into potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray then put in potatoes.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned.