Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
All I can say is "yummy"!
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces maine scallops (coarsely cut up)
- 4 ounces maine shrimp (coarsely cut up)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- 2 (1 1/4-1 1/2 lb) live maine lobsters
- In a food processor, grind the crackers into crumbs.
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce and melted butter with the crumbs till mixed well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Saute the scallops and shrimp in a little butter and garlic (don't burn the garlic).
- Remove from pan and toss lightly with cracker crumbs.
- Turn each live lobster over and with a sharp knife, split lobsters from center top to bottom of tail fins on the stomach side (underneath), being careful not to split all the way through the back shell.
- Clean out the body cavity by removing the tomalley (green stuff), the roe (pink stuff), the stomach sac, and the vein that runs the length of the lobster.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Use your finger to press the body open to expose the meat (which also should have been split with the knife).
- Fill the cavity of each lobster with the stuffing.
- Place in a foil-lined pan and bring the edges of the foil up over the tail of each lobster.
- Press so that the foil holds the end of the tail to the pan so the tails do not curl up as they bake OR skip the foil and place a rock on each tail.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.