Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
A succulent roast from the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Try this with mint jelly or sauce, roasted potatoes and rich, brown gravy. Cooking time approximate.
- 6 lbs leg of lamb
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard (Coleman's preferred)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water, boiling
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rub lamb with mixture of spices and dredge with flour.
- Place in a baking pan, surround with onions and garlic and bake 25 minutes per pound, or internal internal temperature reaches 170F on a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and baste every 15 minutes.