Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I don't remember where I got this recipe from, but my late husband loved this ham and always looked forward to dinner on the days I made this.
- 3 -5 lbs canned ham, drained
- 10 -12 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Score ham in a diamond pattern and stud with cloves.
- Place in crock pot.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard, and lemon juice then spoon on ham.
- Cover and cook on High (1 hour) then on Low for (6 to 7 hours) or until ham is hot.
- Remove ham to a warm serving platter.
- Turn crock pot to High.
- Combine orange juice and cornstarch to form a smooth paste.
- Stir into drippings in crock pot.
- Cook stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened.
- Spoon over ham.
I really liked this recipe. I was looking for a ham to make on just a regular night, not for a big group or holiday and this worked perfect. I used a boneless cooked ham instead of canned, but otherwise followed recipe. I didn't need to cook it as long as the recipe requires - it was starting to get dry. But, I pulled it out just in time and it was GREAT! The sauce you pour over really makes it juicy and flavorful. Served with cheesy potatotes and will definitely make again. Thank you!