Recipe by Rita~
Sweet, Smokey and Spicy! Go ahead and leave the seeds in if you enjoy the heat.
Top Review by Shoshana
Thanks for the awesome recipe! It was worth hauling out the blender. I like spicy foods so I left in the pepper seeds and consider the heat perfect! My only change was that my ham wasn't smoked so I followed the ham package instructions (325 F, covered, with some water in the dish) for half the time, then pulled off the foil and basted the ham every twenty minutes until done. Beautiful!
- 2267.96-3175.14 g smoked ham
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 283.49 g can crushed pineapple
- 1-2 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and diced
- 14.79 ml adobo sauce
- 1.23 ml fresh grated nutmeg
- 1.23 ml fresh ginger
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornstarch with a little cold water to dissolve.
- Place all ingredients except for ham in a blender and blend smooth, in a small saucepan over medium heat bring to a boil them simmer till thickened.
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Place ham, cut end down, in a large baking pan and score skin.
- Bake ham for 15 minutes.
- Brush glaze over ham and bake for another hour or until internal temperature reads 140 °F.
- Baste half way through baking.