Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Sweet, Smokey and Spicy! Go ahead and leave the seeds in if you enjoy the heat.
Make and share this Baked Ham Glazed With Pineapple and Chipotle Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Mix cornstarch with a little cold water to dissolve.
- Place all ingredients except for ham in a blender and blend smooth, in a small saucepan over medium heat bring to a boil them simmer till thickened.
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Place ham, cut end down, in a large baking pan and score skin.
- Bake ham for 15 minutes.
- Brush glaze over ham and bake for another hour or until internal temperature reads 140 °F.
- Baste half way through baking.
I followed this recipe with 2 exceptions: I didn't add salt, since ham is already salty, and I added a tsp of cinnamon. Perfection! My 20 guests were sopping up the excess glaze with their bread! Thank you Rita!
This is the most wonderful recipe EVER!! This glaze would taste great on a shoe..lol i did double the recipe and used a total of 2 chipotle's didn't double the spices and it was perfection.. the DH could not stop picking little pieces off the ham every time he walked by.
I think this glaze would be great on chicken, pork.. but i think im going to try it on some baby back ribs.. just the right spice and sticky"ness" will be making this often!
Yipee! Just what I was looking for! THE PICKY ONE chose this, lol. I prep my ham a little differently - I parboil it for about 30 minutes which removes some of the saltiness AND leaves me with a ham broth for soup! Then I carve it up & put the pieces in a 9x11 pan, pour the glaze over & bake for 'awhile.' This is an excellent glaze - VERY easy & that sweet hot flavor that I adore! I used a 20oz can pineapple, 2 small chiptles & 1 large. It was just right. THANK YOU, Rita & God Bless. xoxo Bethie