Recipe by NorthwestGal
This Italian dish is one of the highest rated recipes on the Safeway website posted by dakota kelly, and I wanted to post it here before I lost it (again!). It's quite different than the few with the same title that are already posted to this site.
Top Review by Hill Family
I really wanted to like this, but It was just ok. I am not sure why it was just ok either. It had ingredients we love - maybe not great fish? I will try it with better halibut. I did have to make two changes - I used dehydrated zucchini and homemade canned tomatoes. I used the juice from the tomatoes to re-hydrate the zucchini. I also used garlic herb feta cheese.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230° C). Lightly grease a shallow baking dish; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the zucchini, onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange halibut steaks in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Spoon equal amounts of the zucchini mixture over each steak. Top with the feta cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.