Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
italian for dumpling, it goes well with meat or poulty
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup quick cooking farina
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- bring the 1 1/2 cup milk and butter to boil,
- mix the 3/4 cups milk, farina and 1/4 tablespoon salt; slowly add to boiling milk. stirring constantly. cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or till thick. remove from heat.
- gradually stir hot mixture into egg. stir in the 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Pour into a greased 2-quart square baking dish. chill 1 hour or till firm.
- turn out of baking dish. cut into 4 by 1 inch rectangles. sprinkle tops with the 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. place on a well greased baking sheet.
- bake into a 425 oven about 25 minutes or till golden/ serve warm.
- make 5 side dish serving.