Baked Gnocchi With Chicken
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (4 cups)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded (2 cups)
- 17 1⁄2 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1 1⁄2 cups Baby Spinach, loosely packed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (1 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat your skillet over medium high heat, add the oil, then mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes or so. Transfer mushrooms to a plate and wipe out the skillet.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium and melt the butter in the skillet. Stir in the flour and cook, whisking, for about 3 minutes. Whisk in the milk and chicken broth, simmering while whisking, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg.
- Add in the chicken, mushrooms, gnocchi, and spinach. Stir to coat everything and wilt the spinach. Sprinkle with Parmesan, then transfer the whole shebang to the oven. If using a separate casserole, transfer everything to the casserole, then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbling, about 20 minutes. If you like, turn on the broiler and brown the top for about 3 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span> </span></p> <p>We may live without poetry, music and art;</p> <p> </p> <p>We may live without conscience and live without heart;</p> <p>We may live without friends; we may live without books,</p> <p>But civilized man cannot live without cooks.</p> <p> </p> <p>He may live without books -- what is knowledge but grieving?</p> <p>He may live without hope-- what is hope but deceiving?</p> <p>He may live without love -- what is passion but pining?</p> <p>But where is the man that can live without dining?</p> <p>-- Owen Meredith</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>I'm an all-American original, having lived in Hawaii, New York, Texas, South Carolina, and Miami. I also served 7 years in the US Army. My husband is from Bogota, Colombia and has also lived in the former Soviet Union. But now we are both in NY.</p> <p> </p> <p>Tomasi enjoyes a bath!</p> <p><br /><a href=http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/?action=view&current=tomas.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/tomas.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /> <br />Some of my recipes:</p> <p> <object width=480 height=360 data=http://w845.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/12cdcf0a.pbw type=application/x-shockwave-flash> <param name=data value=http://w845.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/12cdcf0a.pbw /> <param name=src value=http://w845.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/12cdcf0a.pbw /> <param name=wmode value=transparent /> </object> <a href=http://photobucket.com/slideshows target=_blank><img src=http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn.gif alt=/ /></a><a href=http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/luseaann/?action=view?t=12cdcf0a.pbw target=_blank><img src=http://pic.photobucket.com/slideshows/btn_viewallimages.gif alt=/ /></a> <br /> <br /> <br />I also have the genealogy bug! I've been tracing my roots for at least 10 years. One branch came to America just after the Mayflower in the early 1600s. Others came in the early 1700s, late 1890s. So, my American roots run pretty deep and I am deeply patriotic. Just wish someone had thought to same me some land!</p>