Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Good for an Easter gathering. Found this recipe in Outdoor Entertaining.
- 907.18 g cooked ham
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml brandy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove rind from the ham and score the surface if the fat is reasonably thick.
- Place the ham in a casserole dish and pour on the wine and water, then arrange the raisins and butter around the meat.
- Pour on the brandy and place in the oven to bake for about 40 minutes, basting frequently with the pan liquids.
- When the surface is crisp and golden, remove and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve hot or cold.
- *The ham can be cooked in advance and reheated to serve hot.
- Cover with aluminum foil and warm for 20-25 minutes in a moderate oven, or wrap in plastic wrap and microwave for about 4 minutes.
- Ham slices can be frozen or chopped and frozen for future use!
This was delicious. We had it for Easter Dinner and added Cranberry Chutney for added taste. It is something we will try again.