Recipe by Dreamgoddess
These are so good I can't believe I made them!
Top Review by enigma535
These are really good. Yes they are a muffin but you can bake them in a doughnut pan. I just dipped the tops in cinnamon and butter. Easier cleanup. I made 6 large dougnut muffins and 3 small but overfilled my pans a bit so I could probably get a few more next time. I will definitely make again. My kids loved them and even I (muffin hater) liked them.
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine, sugar and mix well.
- Add egg and mix.
- Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with milk.
- Fill greased muffin tins half full and bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350ºF.
- TOPPING: Remove doughnuts from pan immediately.
- Dip or toss in melted margarine, then into cinnamon-sugar mixture.