Recipe by KathyP53
A delicious appetizer of melted cheese served in a rustic iron skillet. Dunk crusty bread and enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Fontina cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- crusty French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine garlic, thyme, and rosemary in small bowl and set aside. Spread cheese cubes in bottom of cast iron skillet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic-herb mixture, then with salt and pepper. Place skillet under broiler and broil until cheese is melting, bubbling, and starting to brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread for dunking.