Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I didn't used all the rind of the orange, I thought it may be too much.
- 2 -3 ounces butter
- 6 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 white fish fillets, Blue cod is nice
- 1 orange, juice and rind of, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in frying pan, add the crumbs, garlic and grated orange rind.
- Stir until crumbs have absorbed all the butter.
- Place fish portions in a buttered ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, then pour over the orange juice.
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes in moderate oven.
Quick & simple. I followed the recipe and used fresh Albacore. I will make this again. YUM.
Nice different flavor. Will use again as a change of pace to lemon!
This was very easy and very delicious.. I followed the recipe almost exactly, but used store bought UN-seasoned bread crumbs instead. My Husband loved it and so did I! A nice change from the lemon I usually put in my baked fish. I also seasoned the the breadcrumbs with approx. I tsp kosher salt & fresh ground pepper, and browned the mixture before spreading on the fish. (another poster had mistakenly added the juice to the bread crumbs), and I would like to stress the part of the recipe that says (POUR JUICE OVER THE FISH AFTER THE BREADCRUMBS) . What a nice & different surprise this dish was!! Will make again & again