Recipe by JC in Texas
A satisfying meal, with sides of your choice, when it's just too darn hot to eat a heavy meal. Recipe is from Southern Living.
Top Review by Stacey in BG!!!
Wonderful wonderful recipe - great with fresh sweet corn and garlic bread for dinner tonight - simplicity itself. (added a little bit of real bacon bits so Paul wasn't meat deprived) WONDERFUL STUFF!
- 4 large tomatoes (Save the pulp)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut four large tomatoes in half.
- Scoop out pulp from each tomato half, leaving shells intact; discard seeds, and then coarsely chop pulp.
- In medium bowl, stir together tomato pulp, 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese, 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs; 2 tablespoons chopped green onions; 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley; and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Spoon mixture evenly into tomato shells, and place in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with Italian parsley sprigs.