Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 4 medium)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch thick half-moons
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb roma tomatoes or 1 lb plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Toss the potatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, onion and olive oil on the baking sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake, occasionally turning the vegetables with a spatula, until the potatoes are almost tender, about 40 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, garlic and thyme.
- Bake until the vegetables are browned, about 20 minutes more.
- Transfer the vegetables to a 2-quart ovenproof serving dish.
- Spacing them evenly apart, break the eggs over the vegetables.
- Bake until the eggs are set, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately.
I made this for dinner tonight, only used 3 plum tomatoes, baking time was a little less in my oven - I had it on the table in an hour, lovely light meal, this would make a great brunch dish too. Yummy!