Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this for breakfast on a weekend. However, because of the fat and calories, I don't indulge too often. I'm not real sure about the amount of servings, but I believe it could yield at the least 5 servings.
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese (or Muenster cheese)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed (room temperature)
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat together the eggs, milk and sugar.
- Add the cheeses and butter.
- Mix well then add the flour and baking powder.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- This may be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
- If the pan goes from the refrigerator to the oven, bake 60 minutes.
Might as well just go check into the nearest cardiac care unit after eating this, but WOW... it's fantastic. Great recipe for company or holidays! I used sharp cheddar for the MJ, and I think it had a nice flavor. The baking time was right on for my oven, but I only gave the baking dish a half-hearted spray with Pam and the bottom stuck rather badly. Next time I'll give it a thorough greasing with some solid shortening. Thanks, keen5!
that sounds good and easy