Recipe by keen5
I love this for breakfast on a weekend. However, because of the fat and calories, I don't indulge too often. I'm not real sure about the amount of servings, but I believe it could yield at the least 5 servings.
Top Review by KatieLynn
Might as well just go check into the nearest cardiac care unit after eating this, but WOW... it's fantastic. Great recipe for company or holidays! I used sharp cheddar for the MJ, and I think it had a nice flavor. The baking time was right on for my oven, but I only gave the baking dish a half-hearted spray with Pam and the bottom stuck rather badly. Next time I'll give it a thorough greasing with some solid shortening. Thanks, keen5!
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese (or Muenster cheese)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed (room temperature)
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together the eggs, milk and sugar.
- Add the cheeses and butter.
- Mix well then add the flour and baking powder.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- This may be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
- If the pan goes from the refrigerator to the oven, bake 60 minutes.