Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Excellent low cal baked version of the fried egg roll. Make for a meal or appetizers. Serve with plum or teriyaki sauce.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs turkey or 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, chopped
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, drained, chopped
- 4 ounces bamboo shoots, drained, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 16 egg roll wraps (6-inch squares)
- Brown ground turkey in skillet or wok until crumbly. Drain juices.
- Lower heat to medium and add vegetables to turkey. Simmer until all veggies are soft.
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon water, soy sauce, sesame oil and brown sugar; whisk in cornstarch and pepper.
- Pour into chicken and veggie mixture; toss well. Remove pan from heat.
- Lay out egg roll wraps a few at a time on wax paper. Spoon about 1/4 -1/2 cup turkey/veggie mixture onto bottom third of wrap. Fold sides towards center of mixture and roll up tightly. Brush bottom of "seam" with a small swipe of water and seal wrap. Place seam side down on lightly sprayed baking pan or use parchment paper to keep from sticking. (Rolls could be frozen at this point.)
- Before baking brush lightly with water and soy sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until lightly browned at 450°F for about 15 minutes.
These were amazing! The flavor was fantastic with all the different veggies. We loved the crispiness of the wraps too! Thanks, Momma Mia!