Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This spread for crackers is a favorite at our house for the holidays. Served warm, it is smooth and tasty.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar dried beef, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green peppers or 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a small ovenproof casserole dish.
- Bake at 325 F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve warm with crackers.
- Serving Suggestions: Hollow out a large round bread loaf, place dip in center, wrap in tin foil and bake, vented, until dip is heated through.
This was very easy and very tasty. I did use a fresh onion rather than the dried flakes (which I didn't have) and thought it tasted really good. I used a round sour dough loaf to serve the dip in and used some of the sour dough for dipping along with crackers. I topped the dip with the pecans as opposed to the green peppers. I will make this again.