Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
You don't need to fry these and they are very moist!
- 5 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- enough powdered sugar, for tops
- Mix 2 cups flour and all dry ingredients.
- Heat 1 3/4 milk, and butter, add to dry ingredients.
- Beat in eggs one at a time with the rest of the flour.
- Refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness and let raise.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes.
- frost how you like.