Recipe by luvmybge
Taken from the Better Homes and Gardens website. This is a delicious recipe. Perfect for company. I baked the fish longer than the recipe suggests.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs orange roughy fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs other white fish fillets, 1/2 inch thick (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 cup snipped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Cut fillets into 6 serving-size portions.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer in a greased shallow baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, mayonnaise or salad dressing, milk, onion soup mix, lemon juice, tarragon, and mustard.
- (Mixture may appear slightly lumpy.) Spread cream cheese mixture atop fillets.
- Bake in a 450-degree F.
- oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish almost flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and paprika; sprinkle atop fillets.
- Bake for 3 to 4 minutes more or until crumbs are golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer to dinner plates.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Make ahead tip: Prepare cream cheese mixture; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Prepare breadcrumb mixture; cover and chill up to 4 hours.