Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Peel and chop potatoes, cook in boiling salted water until tender, drain well.
- Mash until smooth, mix with mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, lightly beaten eggs, mustard and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Press mixture though a sieve, spoon mixture evenly into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheeses.
- Bake in a moderate oven 20 - 30 minutes or until golden on top.
Wow, these are incredible! I loved the flavor and the ease with which the dish goes together. I followed the ingredient list to a T ... with the exception of the technique of cooking the potatoes. I already had baked potatoes in the fridge I needed to use up, so I chopped those up , mashed 'em a little with a fork , and I didn't press the mixture through a sieve. So, although the texture was undoubtedly different , the taste was what it was supposed to be , and it's great! A definite repeat at our house! Thanks for posting!!!
Thanks Doreen, this was easy & enjoyed by all. I did cut down on the sour cream & mayonaise though as I didn't have a lot of either in the fridge at the time of making. It was still yummy.:)