1/1 Photo of Baked Cod With Crunchy Lemon-Herb Topping
Chef Kate's Note:
This is a very simple and quite delicious dish which can be made lighter and lower in calories and fat by using low fat crackers and light mayo. From America's Test Kitchens' Best Recipes of 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 Ritz crackers, broken into crumbs about the size of peas
- 2 tablespoons herbs, fresh, minced (parsley, dill or basil, or a combination, divided use)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 2 lbs skinless cod fish fillets, 1/2 inch thick, pin bones removed, patted dry
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 1Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 450°F
- 2Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and 1 tablespoon of the parsley, dill or basil; Set aside.
- 4In a separate small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley, dill or basil with the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon zest and juice; Set aside.
- 5Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Place on the baking sheet, spacing the pieces about ½ inch apart.
- 7Brush the tops and sides of the fish with the mayonnaise mixture, then press the cracker crumbs into the mayonnaise.
- 8Bake for 8 to 15 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden brown and the fish flakes apart when gently prodded with a paring knife.
- 9If the cracker crumbs brown before the fish is cooked, cover the fish with aluminum foil.
- 10Serve hot with the lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cod With Crunchy Lemon-Herb Topping
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 376.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 42.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: