Recipe by TheDancingCook
This is awesome! My mother in law made this for Christmas eve and I couldn't stop dipping. A great hot dip for New Years eve party; or any party or picnic.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
I liked this dip ok...I was thinking it would taste a little different than it did. I was telling my DH that it might be really good thinned out as a cheddar clam chowder! Just didnt seem to fit with me as a dip, but it was good, and we did eat ALOT. Thanks Tara
- 1 -2 onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 (10 ounce) cans clams, with juice (baby or minced)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (velveeta or american)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- cracker, assortment, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pan and saute onions and garlic until slightly browned and softened.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients; add to onion and garlic saute.
- Bring to a boil.
- Transfer into a 2 quart casserole dish and bake at 400 about 20 minutes, or until browned around the edge.