Recipe by Rooster_814
This is a yummy recipe that my sister and I came up with one day. It is a little time consuming, but the end product is SO-O good! Make some rice and beans, fresh chips and salsa and you might feel like you've created your own little mexican cafe!!
- 1 (2 -3 lb) pork roast
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 small yellow onion, cut in wedges
- chopped cilantro leaf
- 3 -4 chopped green onions
- 3 -4 tablespoons diced canned green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- enchilada sauce
- flour tortilla (large, burrito style)
- butter (real butter works best. If you use margarine the chimichangas will not get crispy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper and Brown roast on all sides and place it, plus the next 4 ingredients in a large crockpot. Pour in water until about half covered. Cook on low several hours or all day until the meat is very tender.
- Take pork only out and shred. Put in large bowl and mix with the next 5 ingredients. Add enchilada sauce until moist, but not too saucy.
- Place a heaping spoonful on each tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Melt butter and brush each tortilla being sure to cover all surface. Place in refrigerator or in a cool place until butter cools and is dry. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minute or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce with additional toppings of shredded cheese, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, sour cream and guacamole.
- *This can make quite a few chimichangas. I have frozen them with great results though!