Top Review by PoketheYoke
This is a great recipe. I omit the almonds since I don't like nuts, but it still rocks. I love the crunchy bits of celery and how bubbly this dish gets. My husband loves this one.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 slice lemon, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, blanched
- 1⁄2 onion
- 4 cups potato chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole.
- Put chicken and celery into casserole.
- Blender - chop nuts and add to chicken.
- Put 2 cups of potato chips into blender container, cover and process 4 cycles at (stir).
- Empty onto wax paper and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining chips.
- Put remaining ingredients into container, cover and process at (blend) until smooth.
- Add to chicken and mix well.
- Sprinkle potato chip crumbs over top and bake for 30 minutes.
- A cycle is defined as a 1 second pulse operation with a pause for food to settle before repeating.