Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a great make-ahead dish from Marcia Adams of Fort Wayne, Indiana. It took the top $10,000 prize in the National Chicken Cooking Contest in Dallas, Texas. It sounds weird, but it is good.
Top Review by Rise`
I never would have thought about sauerkraut and chicken but this was great! I adore reubens so decided to try this. I wasn't feeling well this weekend and wanted to make an easy dish, I had all the ingredients on hand so this was perfect. The only thing I did different was to pound the chicken breast a bit to tenderize and I doubled the cheese as I love cheese! Thanks Miss Annie, we'll be having this again!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and pressed
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups thousand island dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sauerkraut over chicken and top with cheese slices.
- Pour dressing over all and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (fork can be easily inserted and juices run clear).
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.