- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 ounces salsa (mild or spicy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- olive oil (for basting)
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- stir in chilli powder,salsa,cumin and cinnamon.
- stir in shredded chicken.
- let cool.
- preheat oven to 450 degerees F.
- put a heaping tablespoon of beans on each totilla top with about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture fold up the bottom, top and sides of tortilla; (may need to secure with toothpic) place chimichangas in greased baking pan, seam side down.
- Brush all sides with oil.
- bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown turning every 5 minutes.