Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great tasting dish found at the goldmine site
Make and share this Baked Chicken Chimichangas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 ounces salsa (mild or spicy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- olive oil (for basting)
- sour cream
- In lg saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- stir in chilli powder,salsa,cumin and cinnamon.
- stir in shredded chicken.
- let cool.
- preheat oven to 450 degerees F.
- put a heaping tablespoon of beans on each totilla top with about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture fold up the bottom, top and sides of tortilla; (may need to secure with toothpic) place chimichangas in greased baking pan, seam side down.
- Brush all sides with oil.
- bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown turning every 5 minutes.
Superb! You can really taste the cinnamon which makes these special. No cheese necessary!
I didn't especially like the cinnamon addition, it gave it a different flavor that I am used to. It also would have better had there been a sauce on top (I can't remember the name, but it usually is a white sauce). Thanks for sharing, though, it's always fun to try something new.
This recipe is delicious! Made it for dinner tonight, it made the house smell great and tasted even better! I used nutmeg in place of cinnamon because I couldn't find the cinnamon for the life of me. I also cooked the chicken breasts in a can of mild enchilada sauce before shredding it. Served with homemade salsa and homemade guacamole.