1/3 Photos of Baked Chicken Cacciatore
1 hr 5 mins
All the traditional ingredients of everybody's favorite Italian chicken dish--but this easier version is baked instead of simmered on top of the stove. Serve with spaghetti, rice, mashed potatoes or crusty bread for mopping up the sauce. From Ladie's Home Journal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 14 1/2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, canned
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Heat oven to 400°F
- 2Remove skin from all chicken pieces except wings; trim any visible fat.
- 3Cut chicken breasts crosswise in half.
- 4Heat oil in large roasting pan in oven 2 minutes.
- 5Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano and pepper in large resealable plastic bag; add chicken pieces, tossing to coat well with flour mixture.
- 6Arrange chicken in hot oil in roasting pan; roast 20 minutes.
- 7Stir mushrooms, red pepper and onions into roasting pan with chicken; roast 15 minutes more, stirring once.
- 8Add tomatoes with their liquid, wine and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, breaking up tomatoes with spoon.
- 9Roast 10 minutes longer until chicken is cooked through.
- 10Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.6
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 1070.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 26.1 g