Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you like you can use a whole chicken that is cut into pieces.
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 lbs chicken breasts or 3 lbs chicken thighs or 3 lbs whole chickens
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
- Simmer, stirring frequently, until clear and thickened about 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake uncover at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Spoon rhubarb sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Made it twice.
Easy, different and oh so good! I doubled the recipe, we loved this! thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
This was very easy and so good. I topped mine with pecan halves to add a crunch.