Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a Facebook post. https://www.facebook.com/melanie.landaukerwin Thanks to a fellow Food.com user here is where the original recipe on the net is located. http://www.pomanmeals.com/cheesy-broccoli-patties/
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (best to sub Olive or coconut oil instead)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli, defrosted
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt or pepper
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat, add in the garlic and onions. Season with salt/pepper to taste. Sauté until onions are garlic are tender, set aside to cool.
- Add the broccoli to a kitchen towel. Wrap the towel around the broccoli and squeeze out the extra moisture. Pour the drained broccoli into a large bowl, add the onion and garlic and mix gently.
- To the same bowl, add the panko, the cheeses, eggs, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Mix together and form into patties, place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for another 15 minutes or until browned and crispy.
These patties belong to Po' Man Meals. The link to the ORIGINAL recipe is found here - http://www.pomanmeals.com/cheesy-broccoli-patties/.
These patties are fabulous!! I cut out the step of sautéed onions and garlic (finely chopped they cooked during the baking time) ....I tossed them in raw and added a 1/2 of minced jalapeno for just a little spice! Very easy and delicious!
these so tasty and easy to make -