Recipe by Sica
From a Facebook post. https://www.facebook.com/melanie.landaukerwin Thanks to a fellow Food.com user here is where the original recipe on the net is located. http://www.pomanmeals.com/cheesy-broccoli-patties/
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (best to sub Olive or coconut oil instead)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli, defrosted
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt or pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat, add in the garlic and onions. Season with salt/pepper to taste. Sauté until onions are garlic are tender, set aside to cool.
- Add the broccoli to a kitchen towel. Wrap the towel around the broccoli and squeeze out the extra moisture. Pour the drained broccoli into a large bowl, add the onion and garlic and mix gently.
- To the same bowl, add the panko, the cheeses, eggs, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Mix together and form into patties, place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for another 15 minutes or until browned and crispy.