1/1 Photo of Baked Celery With Cheese and Ham
Adapted from the Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cover celery with salted water, bring to a boil, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Layer celery, ham and cheese in a well-greased 2-quart casserole.
- 5Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat.
- 6Stir in flour.
- 7Gradually stir in broth and cream.
- 8Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick.
- 9Add salt and pour mixture over mixture in casserole.
- 10Top with bread crumbs.
- 11Bake until top is browned and mixture is bubbly, 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Celery With Cheese and Ham
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.0
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.6 mg
- Sodium 1543.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 27.8 g