Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Recipe I adopted from Whole Foods Deli section. (vegan)
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice (white or red)
- In a bowl, toss squash and onions with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and seasonings.
- combine with cranberries.
- spread in a baking dish.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- place in oven for 1 hour.
- pour cranberry juice over squash and put back in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- serve warm or cold.
This was pretty good, but nothing spectacular. It would make a nice side dish during the holidays. I like the mix of spices.
I like squash with cranberries and in this recipe the addition of the onion, sage & thyme make it doubly delicious. I did not have any cranberry juice so I subbed apple juice - It worked. Thanks for an enjoyable veggie dish hipbonz