Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love to serve this along side a grilled steak and my mom's brocolli casserole. Very easy to make and delicious.
- 1 cup white rice (not instant)
- 1 can beef consomme soup
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (less if you aren't a big garlic fan)
- 3 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced
- Grease a 8x8" casserole dish.
- Add rice, soups, mushrooms and garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
Smelled good while cooking, tasted a lot like french onion soup, but as written this was way too salty for us. We ended up throwing the rest out because the salt taste was overpowering. Maybe with low sodium versions of the soups it could be better. It has potential, the flavor was there, and it was easy to make.
Oh boy, this was so yummy and so easy to make. I am always looking for a good way to jazz up rice, and this fits the bill. Thanks for the recipe!