Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy alternative to potatoes. Goes great with anything.
Make and share this Baked Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can beef consomme
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 can sliced mushroom
- parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in casserole dish.
- Add rice and soups to dish and stir.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and cook, uncovered, for additional 30 minutes.
WOW! This rice is so flavorful and incredibly easy to make! I was looking for something different to take to a cookout. Everyone RAVED about this dish and it immediately disappeared. This is a winner. Thanks for sharing this recipe. :-)
Fabulous!! I used 4T butter, a 16oz container of french onion soup, 1 t beef bullion, 1/2 t french tyme and a handful of dried mushrooms to the 1 cup instant brown rice. I omitted the parm cheese as BF doesn't like parm. Very flavorful! Will definently make again.
Very good. I use one stick of butter and melt. Add one dried onion soup mix to melted butter.
Let bend well. Add one and 1/2 cups dried rice. Blend. Add two cans beff consomme and a 1/2 can water. Cover casserole and bake 40-45 min. Add beef broth if needed. Awesome family recipe! Enjoy.